General School Information
Mevers School of Excellence is a new tuition-free public charter school, which opened its doors for the 2017 – 2018 school year. Mevers School of Excellence is proud to offer education for students in grades K-6 with plans to include grades 7-8 in the future.
Mevers School of Excellence will provide an unwavering dedication to student achievement and an unyielding commitment to providing a choice for communities, parents, and professionals that fosters educational excellence in a global society in order to be competitive in life, college, and their futures.
Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible to attend?
Mevers School of Excellence is open to K-8 school aged students who reside in South Carolina.
What kind of programs and services will be available?
- Personalized Learning Plans – Assessments are performed periodically to determine how your child will learn best. Learning styles are established to tailor lesson plans to meet the needs of each student.
- Access to PowerSchool’s Student Information System – Parents are given access to their children’s personal information through a password-protected computer-based system that allows them to monitor their progress. Parents can monitor test scores, homework and attendance on a daily basis.
- Parent Involvement – We know that children enjoy greater success in school when the adults they admire most take an interest in their education. Our students’ parents are required to commit to volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment.
- Uniforms – A school uniform policy is enforced. School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Mevers School of Excellence approved vendor only. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in the school as well as each child’s individual appearance. Uniforms allow students to focus on their education instead of designer labels and fashion trends.
Are Before and After Care programs available?
Yes. Please see the Before and After Care Program page.
Does this school provide transportation?
Limited transportation, or an equivalent reimbursement, may be provided to any student who falls under any of the of following categories:
- Any student in grades K-8 who does not otherwise have access to an adequate educational facility or opportunity.
- Any student in grades K-6 who is subjected to a hazardous walking conditions while en route to or from school.
- Any student in grades K-8 who has a documented transportation need in their current/valid IEP.
Is a meal service available?
Breakfast and lunch service will be available to all students. Mevers School of Excellence will participate in the National School Lunch Program and free or reduced pricing will be available to those students who meet the guidelines. Please see the Meal Service page.
Where can I purchase uniforms?
School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Mevers School of Excellence approved vendor only. Please see the School Uniforms page.
What school supplies are needed?
A list of supplies that are required for each incoming student will be provided at the school. These supplies should be brought in to the homeroom teacher on the first day of school.